Capbridge Investors K.K.
Strategic Asset Solutions (“SAS”) is an affiliate of Capbridge Investors K.K., an investment management and advisory company specializing in the real estate market in Japan.
Based in Tokyo, the principals each average over 22 years’ experience in the Japanese market and are some of the more prolific dealmakers with over JPY 2,000 billion of closed transactions since 1999.
Investment activities have included separate account mandates and real estate private equity funds; core to opportunistic return strategies; acquisition of existing assets, corporate sale-leasebacks, forward commitments, renovation, asset repositioning, and development.
Capbridge Investors has experience in the following sectors:
The firm develops investment programs in conjunction with its client’s strategies and investment criteria. Through this research-based approach, Capbridge provides its clients with turnkey sourcing, acquisition and asset management services supported by real-time market intelligence.
Strategic Asset Solutions was formed as a dedicated platform to offer companies, both domestic and MNCs operating in Japan with bespoke options to convert real estate into capital. In addition to its real estate and capital markets expertise, the SAS team has industrial operating experience in Japan provided a unique perspective to financial transactions.
INVESTMENT ADVISORY & ASSET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Capbridge Investors has an established track record in Japan of enhancing capital value by maintaining an active management focus throughout the entire real estate investment cycle.
The firm operates under a merchant banking business model whereby its teams originate, underwrite, structure, finance, and operate both hard asset and entity-level investments with a select group of aligned investment partners.
The firm provides real estate asset management and acquisition advisory services to institutional investors and lenders. These services include:
- Identification of real estate investment opportunities matching pre-defined client investment criteria.
- Deal, counterparty, and contract negotiation on behalf of clients.
- Transaction management of all phases of the acquisition process, due diligence, and closing.
- Ongoing third-party real estate asset management
- Asset, portfolio, entity level business and operating plans – yearly and/or quarterly as required by the investment.
- Portfolio repositioning by redefining the strategy based on current market dynamics and asset analysis to maximize exit value through disposition, renovation, and/or recapitalization.
- International standard reporting with detailed variance clarification measured against initial underwriting and business plans.